At the beginning of November my friends and I finally managed to meet up for the first time 1.5 years after we left St Andrews.
So I thought a little Packing List of what I usually pack for a weekend-getaway in Scotland might be a nice idea. Remember: Layering is key! This time I decided not to bring my laptop and hiking gear, as I knew that I’d have a laid-back weekend with my lassies. But usually my laptop is something I’d bring along.
Travelling to the UK?
Don’t forget to bring an adapter, since the sockets are different.
My Packing List for Scotland
- 1 pair of long black trousers
- 1 pair of black tights
- 1 dress (which is what I wear on the plane too!)
- 1 jumper
- 1 parka (turns out I didn’t need that one! The East Coast of Scotland isn’t as rainy and windy as the West Coast, inform yourself about the weather conditions before you travel to Scotland. Especially close to the sea side the climate can be quite mild.)
- 1 Primaloft Jacket (that’s the one I wore daily, I really recommend it)
- 1 Rain Jacket (It is Scotland after all. Did not need it though.)
- 1 Beanie
- 1 Scarf (I also like to use scarfs as blankets on the plane)
- Socks and Underwear (obviously)
- Gloves (don’t take up much space, and can come in quite handy)
- Dr. Martens Boots (Those were the only shoes I brought. You can wear them with a somewhat nice outfit but also use them for a light hike.)
- Pajamas and cozy socks
- 1 nice top (I always need one when I decide not to bring one)
- 3 long sleeved shirts
- Tanktop for underneath
What bag do I use?
I prefer backpacks over suitcases, they are just so much more handy. Some time ago I made a really good deal on Willhaben and only paid 20€ for a Mammut backpack. It has plenty of space for everything I need and doesn’t take up too much space when I put it away.
Furthermore, I also like to bring my Tablet to watch movies, listen to Audiobooks and read E-Books. Along with these things I always have reusable cutlery and a waterbottle with me, to avoid unneccessary plastic.